Pelvic Floor Recovery New Edition
Many women undertake gynaecological repair surgery with some anxiety and trepidation. Sue has written this guide with the aim reducing these fears by educating women about:
• Correct activation of the pelvic floor and deep abdominal muscles
• Anatomy of the bladder and bowel
• Relaxation and breath awareness education
• An introduction to managing chronic pelvic pain
• Brief explanation of prolapse
• Bladder and bowel emptying positions
• Pre-operative and post operative physiotherapy strategies.
• Information to give you confidence for your hospital stay
• Safe abdominal exercises for after your surgery
• Return to work, sport, sexual function and travel advice
The book is easy to read and has simple diagrams and illustrations to demonstrate the anatomy and exercises. Small enough to take into hospital and bright enough to find every year to revise your strategies and stay in good shape.